Spanish Course Syllabus 2019-2020
Teacher: Mrs. Chang
Welcome to the 2019- 2020 academic school year at First Avenue School. My name is Maria Chang and I will be your child’s Spanish Teacher for this semester.
Bienvenidos! In our Spanish Class this school year we will continue to communicate in a second language as this is becoming more important than ever. It is difficult to imagine a job, a profession, or a leisure activity that is not enhanced by the ability to communicate in a second language. In first year Spanish, students will engage in fun activities designed to help them read, write and speak Spanish. Spanish is the primary language of instruction.
To communicate in real life situations in Spanish by listening, speaking, reading, and writing.
Students will gain knowledge and understanding of other cultures that will enable them to interact appropriately.
- To continue expanding their communicative proficiency for further education or in the workplace
Behavior Rules for Spanish class.
- Raise hand to speak.
- Respect teachers and classmates (use polite manners always)
- Follow directions/ Pay attention.
- Keep hands and feet to self.
- Treat others the way you want to be treated.
- Come prepared to LEARN
Students will be given grades on daily warm-ups, tests, homework and participation in class.
- Notebooks – Student has to come prepare to class
- Class work and participation is vital part of language experience.
Spanish will be like no other class you have ever taken!
World Language teacher,
Parent’s Signature: ________________________________________________________